Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

Better late than never!

Wow! It's been quite a while since I posted anything.  My laptop still isn't working, and it isn't nearly as convenient using the desktop computer downstairs.  I've taken over the hubby's MacBook (which I'm not nearly as fond of as my Sony!), and hope to start posting more frequently.

I've never thought of myself as much of a writer, so signing up for NaNoWriMo was not something I had planned by any stretch of the imagination! 30 days...50,000 words...1 novel. Piece of cake, right? HA! Here it is day 5, and I'm already 5,225 words behind.  Who knew writing 1,667 words a day would be so difficult? I'm sure I speak at least that many words during the day, but actually writing that many words is proving to be a challenge.  Time, that's my excuse. Not enough time to write. Working 8-5 sure cuts into my writing time, then the family needs my attention in the evening, which also creates a free time issue. Plus, I'm not sure where my story is going so I'm winging it. Having never written a novel, or anything other than school papers for that matter, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Character development, plot-thickening events, and the moral of my story will have to come later. For now, the goal is just getting the words onto paper. The details will come later.

My friend, Sheri (http://www.sherisalatin.com), and my brother-in-law, Kevin (http://kwsleadership.wordpress.com), are also participating in NaNoWriMo.  Wish us all luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment